This Saturday morning I felt particularly inspired and wanted something light and sweet to go with breakfast. I had some strawberries on hand and steadfastly refused to waste them, so it was time to make strawberry muffins! I used a high-altitude recipe so the measurements are a bit funky, but it did work! Fluffy, light muffins were mine! These are not particularly sweet, so sprinkle some sugar on top if you want it, but I though it was a nice balance of flavor and really brought out the strawberry.
2 cups flour
7 tablespoons sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk plus 2 tablespoons
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup margarine, melted
12 strawberries, diced
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
3. Stir in milk, egg and butter.
4. Toss diced strawberries in flour (enough to coat them but no more) and then fold into batter mixture.
5. Spoon mix into lined muffin tin until each cup is about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with sugar if desired
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.