Back in June we celebrated a momentous occasion-the 21st birthday of Jurassic Park! Now, this may not be a big deal to you, but for any 90s kid, this movie marked the first time you were afraid of restaurant kitchens and the first time you looked at mosquitoes in a whole new light. To celebrate Jurassic Park’s big day, we had a full blown dino dinner party, complete with shortbread T. rex cookies and gluten-free asteroid cookies. The gluten-free cookies were a bit of a disaster (although yummy) but the ferocious T. rex cookies turned out quite well, check them out!
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups flour
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together butter, sugar and flour until completely mixed.
3. Grease 3 cookie sheets. Did you know Tyrannosaurus means “tyrant lizard”?
4. Roll out 1/3 of the dough on a very well floured surface until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
5. Use your awesome T. rex shaped cookie cutter to make terrific dino-shaped cookies (I got mine at Safeway).
6. Gently place cookies on cookie sheet and bake about 5 minutes until golden at the edges. Every oven is different so your cookies may take a little more time, watch them like a hawk.
7. Let cookies cool completely before you ice with awesome dino colors. Enjoy!