In my constant battle to get to work on time, I’m always looking for healthy, quick and protein-packed breakfast items-this casserole fits the bill! Here’s a super simple breakfast casserole sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This casserole serves four, can be made a day (or two) ahead and is made with your favorite mix-ins. I’ve made mine with juicy, lean chicken sausage, green onions and light cheddar cheese. This casserole is a great quick breakfast before work, on a holiday morning or before a summer bike ride.
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 Applegate chicken and sage breakfast sausages
- 3/4 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a bread pan well, making sure to get in all the corners. I like to use a silicone one that my awesome (future) mother-in-law gave me. It bends nicely so getting the delicate casserole out after baking is easy.
2. Cook your breakfast sausages until they are almost fully cooked. Slice into small rings and set aside.
3. Whisk eggs and cream together in a medium mixing bowl. Add green onions, sliced sausages, about 1/2 of the shredded cheddar and the salt and pepper. Gently whisk everything together until just combined.
4. Pour egg mixture into greased bread pan, top with remaining cheese, bake for 25 minutes or until just cooked through. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!