As football season begins, I wanted to share one of my favorite tailgating sweets, fudgy brownies! These brownies have a crunchy layer of chocolate on top and a rich, ooey-gooey interior. I made these last year for our Super Bowl party; and while they may not have helped the Broncos win, they sure made for some yummy munching.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
2. Whisk together cornstarch, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt in a smaller mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, microwave butter and chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
5. Add cornstarch mixture to wet ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from side of bowl, about 2 minutes.
6. Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using paper overhang, lift cake out of pan and cut into 16 squares.
My recommendation, make twice as many brownies as you think you’ll need. You know…just for tasting…gotta make sure they’re safe!
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Gluten-Free Pecan Brownies