Here’s a simple cranberry compote that will compliment your turkey or chicken and make you never want to buy store-bought again!
- 1 pound cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped to 1/4 cubes
- 2 clementines
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 0.25 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Put all but 1 cup of cranberries into medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Add apple, zest, juice and fruit of both clementines, sugar, spices and apple cider vinegar. Cover and cook until all cranberries have popped, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add remaining cranberries and cook until the new berries have softened, about 5 minutes longer.
3. Remove compote from heat and chill before serving.