For Christmas dinner at my mom’s house we tried something a little different this year and made a gorgeous fondue spread. We had tons of veggies, some great gluten-free focaccia to go with the cheese and beautiful duck breasts that my mom made a great bone broth to go with. We also tried to make these mini meatballs, and it’s not that we weren’t successful with them, it’s just that we ate them before they could make it to the plate…woops! I’m excited to share these easy, tasty mini meatballs. These meatballs can be tossed with a lovely tomato sauce, eaten by themselves, or, if you’re patient, dipped in your favorite fondue.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (gluten free) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 red onion, chopped fine
- 4 small cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- olive oil and a sprinkle of salt to finish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer on low or with your hands in a large mixing bowl.
- Once combined, form small meatballs, about 1 to 1.5 inches across and lay meatballs on a parchment paper lined cookie tray.
- Bake meatballs for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked with no pink center.
- Sprinkle meatballs with a pinch of salt and drizzle olive oil to finish. Enjoy!