Looking for a something warm, cozy and little different for brunch this weekend? Check out these creamy, savory baked egg ramekins. Start with a layer of soft mashed potatoes, add in fragrant thyme, crispy bacon and finish with some gooey mozzarella and you’re looking at a tasty breakfast!
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (Check out this recipe here: https://messykitchenhappybelly.com/2016/09/23/mini-meatloaves-with-garlic-mashed-potatoes/ minus the garlic powder)
- 4 crispy slices of bacon, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sprinkle of dry parsley to finish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease two ramekins.
- Divide the mashed potatoes between the two ramekins and gently press the potatoes into the ramekins. Create a small divot in the potatoes for your egg to sit.
- Crumble bacon and lay it, and the fresh thyme, over the mashed potatoes.
- Gently crack an egg into each ramekin, sprinkle the top of the egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake covered for 10 minutes at 425 degrees then remove cover.
- Increase your oven temp to 475 degrees and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over each ramekin and bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley and enjoy!