If you’re looking for the perfect party bite that everyone will love, look no further. These sweet, salty treats disappear almost immediately. The crunch of the bacon, the creamy filling of the date, no one will be able to resist (ok, maybe the vegetarians…).
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 8 pitted dates
- 4 slices of bacon, cut in half length-wise
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fix a wide piping tip into the corner of a zip lock baggie. Push the tip through the bag to serve as a make-shift (and throw away) piping bag.
- Mix cream cheese, pepper, rosemary, and thyme together and fill your plastic baggie piping bag with the mixture.
- Push your pinky into the pitted date to create some space and then fill the date with your cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully wrap the stuffed date in your bacon and skewer with a toothpick. I like to run my toothpicks diagonally through the date so that I can keep the majority of the bacon rolled up tightly.
- Place wrapped dates on a rack on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Flip dates over and increase temperature to 425 degrees and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes more until your bacon looks crispy.
- Make more of these than you think you’ll need because they will disappear; plus you’ll have to “test” them as you cook, you know, just to make sure they’re safe. Enjoy!